SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

I hope it stops raining

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago

Long enough for me to get some plants in the ground. It's supposed to rain all week. I'm on vacation, of course, and had planned on finishing up my garden planting. The rest of my plant starts are looking sad and raggedy. I cut a small violet pepper from one of my pepper plants for my breakfast. I'm surprised it produced a pepper still being in the peat pot I started it in.

I should have gotten up and going sooner but was up late reading. Finishing up reading Nomadland.

I've been putting kitchen scraps into my garden, just put them under the soil or if it's cold or I'm in a hurry, under the straw that's there. So, now I have multiple plants coming up everywhere, potatoes mostly, some type of melon, summer squash, and one cabbage. I also found two avocados trying to sprout when I was planting some flower seeds the other day. One of my new raspberry plants and 2nd year strawberry plants love all the organic matter. Oh and so do the baby persimmon trees.

I just took the last 2 trays of plants outside and turned off the grow lights in my bedroom. It is so dark now, like a cave in here.

If you garden, how is your garden doing so far this year?

Comments (23)