SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kat_berkery

Wipeable, non-flammable matte paint for wall behind range?

Kat Berkery
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey folks,

I’m needing some advice for the finish on the wall behind my range. I don’t want to do a tile backsplash or stone backsplash (please don’t just encourage me to do do this). I like a matte plaster look. I‘m in the process of getting bids for actual marmorino plaster. I love the way it looks and it would function well as its matte, wipeable and resists moisture. I also love the washy depth of slightly tinted plaster. Pricing I have gotten back is over 1k for the wall in question however, and we are already a tad over budget. While I’m still strongly considering this option, I realized I should at least explore more affordable solutions. Is there a matte finish (or at least incredibly low sheen) paint that could work here? Ideally low voc, and wipeable/moisture resistant as well as not flammable? I am doing a floating shelf across the entire wall so I could do regular matte paint or lime wash above the shelf And the more functional finish below. Also, thoughts on transitions at the corners? The rest of the space is painted with Benjamin Moore Regal flat in White Dove.

image attached is the wall in question. The range hood cover will also be painted or plastered to match. There will be lower cabs all the way to the fridge surround.

Thanks for reading this far haha! Help!

Comments (33)