SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nbays

dilemma about window treatment

nbays
2 years ago

I've attached pictures of our current window treatment, which is a drape plus a rather fussy valence. I'm planning on using only a valence over this very long bay window (3rd and 4th pictures), as privacy isn't an issue. The bottom picture shows the style of valence I'm thinking of using - a simple box pleat. My valence would have to be about 17 or 18 inches deep, from the bottom of the crown molding (partly seen in the top picture) to just past the top of the screen frame (shown in the far left window of the third picture down). It would be a tidier look to not see the top of the screen frame. It would basically be the same as the deep valence in the bottom picture (which was taken in a public room).

I would also like to use that same style and depth of valence on the other big window (added here twice by mistake and by the way, how do you remove a picture, here, if added by mistake?)

My question is, would that deep valence (possibly 18 inches) look good in a home setting - the family room.? Could I use only the valence on the bay window and use a valence plus drape panels on the big window or should I keep it consistent? Would a valence plus side drape panels be too fussy. The room is a good medium size. Thank you.

Comments (10)