SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Community garden round two, somone else needs serenity prayer now

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So my previous post about the haphazard and disorganized arrangement of the plots in our community garden detailed all the issues about trying to figure out which plot was ours, and why someone had planted in it. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/6122488/someone-s-been-planting-in-my-space-and-i-need-the-serenity-prayer#n=43 I now realize that it was no one's fault other than the management, because the other folks were probably as clueless as us, and since they didn't provide an accurate map OR mark them like they said they would, they just made the best of it. For those of you who suggested I let the management sort it out, it's not that your advice wasn't good or sound, but contextually, I was skeptical that the same haphazard management that got me into this problem would effectively sort it out. In their defense, this is a side gig more or less volunteer community service they are providing so it's probably not tops on their radar screen. The farm manager who was supposed to mark out plot couldn't figure it out either, so I showed him the map that said we had paid for a lot and which lot it was, (the one with the plants already staretd in it, ) and he said "No that can't be your lot. This is your lot (the only other lot that wasn't planted) and I'll mark it." Didn't look like what was supposed to be our lot, so I said, "Are you sure, because I don't want someone else to come out here and try to plant and end up in the same situation as us . . . " No he said, this was our plot and he would mark it. Which he did. And then later in the day hubs went out to plant our garden with the tomatoes we had been growing in our bathroom under lights for 2.5 months.

Well . . . guess what happened? I'll bet you can guess . . .

Yup, two people showed up and were mad at hubs because he was planting in THEIR spot . . .

Hubs told them to take it up with the management.

I hope they don't get as mad at us as we were mad at the other folks and rip out our tomato plants . . .

Comments (38)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH