SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_terrilynn

Musings of a house sale.

just_terrilynn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It was i95 through here yesterday at my open house. My initial plan to space people out didn't last five minutes. I still can't get over how crazy the market is here in Florida. It was almost embarrassing what people did to stand out as a potential. I'm sitting here this morning after my many replies back to offers feeling almost guilty, my house is nice but to me doesn't fall into the wow category. I do think I did the right thing starting out at a non-greedy asking price though as it brought so many in. There were several realtors trying to film the house to out of state buyers. I'm seeing some very nasty looking listed homes at an obnoxious price though so in some ways I didn't have much competition. it's nuts! As I started writing this two more offers came in, all greatly over asking and for cash. I went into pending an hour after the open house and have many back-ups on file just in case.

Anyway, in a few weeks I'm off to west coast Florida to check out a few towns. I know I'm going to have to sit tight for a bit and wait for a buyers market or at least improved buyers market but may also entertain the idea of a little piece of land with a mow down house on it. That may be the only way I can keep my foot in the real-estate door till I figure out what to do.

Or, wouldn't it be funny if all the Florida people making a killing on their homes moved to areas people are fleeing from and catch a deal on that end? However, those pesky taxes in the other areas...

Comments (33)