SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjhop84

Tweaking a gallon of Greek Villa so it looks less yellow?????

tj edward
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My kitchen overlooks a screened porch via a window at my kitchen sink. I have sw pearly white for trim in my kitchen and my walls are SW canvas tan. I wanted a soft white for my porch, but the SW white duck looks like urine milk. (I’m assuming the landscaping plays a part in that.) We are repainting and my next best choice is Greek Villa (pearly white looks dingy). However, it is just a tinge too yellow and doesn’t look right from my kitchen view which has the canvas tan and pearly white. Pure white is too white for the ceiling of the porch which is an off white soffit. Alabaster doesn‘t quite work either. The color chip of Greek Villa seems to work well, but the painted sample is just a smidge more yellow. Would doing Greek villa at 75% help? Mixing in some pure white? We are painting tomorrow, and I am limited to SW paints. I don’t want to start over and look at other colors. I simply am hoping to tweak Greek Villa. It’s nearly perfect. Any tips on what to ask for when I pick up my paint? I realize it is a bit of a gamble, but I’m willing to try it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH