SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jnhayes62

Carpet stairs and hallway

jnhayes62
2 years ago

I already know the best design option would be hardwood throughout the entire house but that carries a hefty price tag and a kitchen remodel tops our preference list right now, with bathroom remodels coming next. So we need to move to the best option. Our carpet is 17 years old and definitely looks like it so it has to go.

Right now two of the four bedrooms have laminate which my kids do not want to get rid of for carpet. In fact my third is asking for laminate if we are redoing upstairs carpet because he's always been jealous of their floors. So here are the options we are considering:

1) carpet the stairs and hallway - put laminate in my son's room and hardwood in ours

2) carpet the stairs and hallway - change all upper rooms to the same hardwood so they flow/look better

3) carpet the stairs and hallway - put laminate in my son's room and carpet in ours

I would love to choose option two for look, but option one for price. We installed the laminate ourselves so I think we'd probably install the wood ourselves too, though I'll have the floor company quote all three options when he measures today.

Any thoughts?

Comments (11)