Helping You Drink More Water...

chisue

I complained to one of my cancer center nurses about how hard it is for me to drink enough water every day. A kind soul here on the KT suggested leaving a pitcher of water on the kitchen counter as a reminder, but I couldn't consume even four cups a day. The nurse told me to flavor the water with put a small amount of Crystal Lite -- just a touch, not the whole packet. Amazing! It works!

Try it. You WILL drink more, and your body will thank you.

SaveComment8Like1
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

I use blue raspberry flavoring, by Starburst......and drink it instead of a snack......

Save    
lily316

I squeeze half a lemon in my house water bottle.

1 Like Save    
Ded tired

I do that! I get the little squeeze bottle of Crystal Lite and add a few drops. I still don’t drink enough.

Save    
nickel_kg

I feel so much better when I drink plenty of water. If I slack off for longer than a day or two, I start feeling bad, like heartburn or exhaustion or headaches.

Save    
sephia_wa

I use something called True Lemon. It comes in lots of different flavors. I prefer it because it's made with real citrus and doesn't have any funky artificial sweetners or preservatives. Crystal Light contains artificial colors, preservatives, and sweeteners.

https://www.truelemon.com/

2 Likes Save    
chloebud

LOL, the problem with Crystal Light is I added it to the prep drink for a colonoscopy...the sugar-free lemonade. Just thinking it might take me back to that. Otherwise, it sounds like a great idea. I do add lemon to my water.

Save    
Judy Good

I love fresh squeezed lemon in my water.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va

My wife has plenty of iced tea and lemon aid on hand indoors. In the garage fridge I keep a jug of well water and add a little Ocean Spray cranberry/punch to it for flavoring. Being outside most of the day one has to take several hydration breaks.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Green Decorating Easy Green: Big and Small Ways to Be More Water-Wise at Home
These 20 tips can help us all make the best use of a precious resource. How do you save water in summer?
Full Story
Organizing Do It for the Kids! A Few Routines Help a Home Run More Smoothly
Not a Naturally Organized person? These tips can help you tackle the onslaught of papers, meals, laundry — and even help you find your keys
Full Story
Gardening Guides 8 Unthirsty Plants Help You Save Water in Style
Spend less effort and money on your landscape with drought-tolerant and native plants that liven up your yard
Full Story