SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_958970481

Need help with Blinds and Dimmer switch recommendations

A K
3 years ago

So I am moving into a new home in august and I am creating a list of what I need to be done. Top of my list are getting dimmer switches and adding blinds/drapes into the place.

Dimmer switches - It might be a gimmick but if it integrates with Alexa maybe its a good buy as a first install and future value? Any brand to recommend? there are quite a few out there.

Blinds/Drapes - What type is the "best"? I know there are vertical, horizontal and materials and styles but any really popular nowadays? I did see Costco have "Graber" brand where sometimes there are discounts? Not sure if that is better bet? Is motorized blinds more of a gimmick or its actually useful?

I would prefer the blind to "cover all" if i use it fully(i hate light leaking through) and maybe have it control how much light goes through (maybe not the type that you "lift up"?). My current place the blinds are really bad - its the one where you turn it and the horizontal allows some light in but maybe the material those horizontals are kinda not durable and they crack all over the place..

Any recommendation on brands/types/materials would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)