SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slice4444

Triangle Palm in Syracuse NY

slice4444
3 years ago

I bought a 4' triangle palm about 10 years ago in Florida and brought it back to NY in my little Subaru WRX with the top sticking out of my sunroof. In the summer, it has a nice home next to my swimming pool. And in the winter I obviously bring it indoors. As it has grown bigger and bigger, I have replanted it in bigger and bigger pots and most recently I planted it in a storage bin from Home Depot and built a dolly for it since it probably weighs between 200 and 300 lbs. So... I have created a monster as it has outgrown my house. I can only give you the analogy of the children's book where the little boy feeds his goldfish too much and it ends up getting so big he has to put it in his swimming pool. I barely got it outside this spring and it is suffering a bit from light deprivation. Because it is pinned against my ceiling all winter, I can only get light on it from underneath. I absolutely love this thing but I don't want it to die so after this summer, I reluctantly need to find it a new home. Somebody that is a palm enthusiast like me that has high ceilings or perhaps a green house. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Maybe a nursery would want it? This may be a tough "sell" up here in NY.... And speaking of selling, is it worth anything?

Comment (1)