SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_736376975

Hard time choosing a kitchen floor style

Simona
3 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm renovating my kitchen, turning it into an open kitchen. My dilemma is what kind of floor to put into my new kitchen. I've noticed that the main trend is to put in the same floor as the living room, but my living room has a hardwood floor style I don't like enough to put in my kitchen as well (image attached). In my opinion, this also elminates any other hardwood floor styles as they are likely to clash. My kitchen cabinets will be modern, handleless, light grey, and my countertop will be white marble with a little bit of grey. I've attached a rough idea of what the kitchen will look like, it's not very big.

The difficulty isn't really with the material of the floor but with the design itself. I'm torn between putting in some sort of decorative floor tiles, adding a little bit of colour to the kitchen (I love the colour aqua, so I thought maybe some tiles that have grey, aqua and white, for example), but I'm worried it will be too much or that I will get tired of it in the near future. I've attached an image of a tile I have found that I like the most, but still not overly convinced by it. I am adopting a dog so durability and the ability to hide dirt is also important. :)

Comments (2)