SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fabio_krista2010

Need Privacy Fence out of Trees for condo on the 8th FL facing SW

Kris
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a variety of tree? For Northern Ontario winters and where it will get full sun all day and high winds as its on the lake. I live on the 8th floor on the water with direct winds and full sun as I face SW.

I only have 4 feet across 48 inches to work with do I do one planter, individual planters, what type of planters.?

Landscaping companies told me it will not work with full sun and high winds 8 stories high CONDO . This means that I live on the 8th floor of a condo building being 8 stories high and get direct winds. I do not want the tree to grow 8 stories 8, I just want to trees to act as privacy fence.

They also told me I need specific type of planters for what i doing and no idea where to go. Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Lowe's dont have the specialized insulated planters, no idea where to go.

I just need to cover 48 inches across but others are telling me I cant do 4 trees as the pots need to be 20X20 at least so this will only be 2 plants but will it create a privacy wall?

This is my plan C. My plan A was to building a custom made privacy fence out of bamboo. Plan B was a inside room divider that is 8f t high and 4 feet long......a friend recommended trees which is a better idea but proofing to be difficult as I kill cactus.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz