SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_cummins84

Is two different turquoise bedrooms too much turquoise?

3 years ago

I'm choosing paint colours for a four bedroom 1930s house that I've just moved into. Every room needs painting, so it's a clean slate.

In my old house, I had a tiny study painted Farrow & Ball Chinese Blue (archive colour)

, which I loved. I'm thinking of painting my slightly larger study the same colour. However, my seven year old has asked that his room be painted a vivid turquoise, something like Farrow & Ball St Giles Blue.

I'm worried that having half the bedrooms turquoise is too much of the same thing, and will look strange. I'm also worried that the problem is actually too much difference. I suspect the vivid St Giles Blue will clash with the muted Chinese Blue, making the St Giles look cheap and the Chinese look muddy. I'm wondering about giving up the blue in my study and going for grey, since I'm probably less stubborn than a seven year old. Or maybe we should paint both rooms the same, just St Giles or just Chinese?

Am I overthinking this? My husband says everyone should just get the colour they want. :)

I'm attaching official F&B photos of both colours.

This is the Chinese Blue:

... and this is the St Giles:

Thank you!

Comments (19)