SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

What features do I really want in a 30" induction & what's unnecessary

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've never owned induction but have done a lot of research. Prices vary widely, and each manufacturer (and each line within that manufacturer) really pushes all its features as being the best and absolutely indispensable. Now that we are actually shopping for appliances I want to make sure that when making a purchase I don't fall for extra features that really don't make a difference. Yet, at the same time, I want to make sure that I get the feature I really need. Looking at my past appliance purchases, I think sometimes I can get sucked into thinking all these extra fancy features are worth it, and then I just end up only using the basic features anyway.

This is a small, modest kitchen, but I am willing to pay extra for features and/or quality that truly make a functional difference.

I know that I want burners that can maintain a simmer as well as a produce high heat. I think I have figured out that on induction knobs vs touch control is a personal preference. But, that's about all I have figured out. If you have induction, what do you think is really important? What really bugs you when using your induction? What couldn't you live without? Thanks much.

Comments (22)