SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mysterymachine_gw

Induction - here's what I have.. what do I need?

mysterymachine
16 years ago

As part of my remodel I am switching to an induction cooktop and therefore need to get all new cookware (which makes me happy). I want to be kind of a "minimalist" as I am tired of having tons of pans that rarely get used. Previously I frequently got those generic sets for christmas which gave me way more stock pots and frying pans and nothing specialized (I can hear people thinking already... "he loves cooking and got a new kitchen, I know for christmas I'll go to costco and get him a nice new combo set of cookware for $40".. maybe I better call all relatives in advance and tell them "NO cookware")

Anyway, here is what I have purchased...

- Kenmore professional stainless set (got 1/2 price!) including "1.5 qt. & 2.5 qt. saucepans with stainless steel lids, 3 qt. saute pan with helper handle and stainless steel lid, and a 6 qt. stockpot with stainless steel lid"

- Demeyere ControlInduc fry pan (9.5 or 10".. something like that) for eggs and other "sticky things".. wow it was expensive - I hope if lives up to the hype :)

Here is something I plan on buying (let me know if bad idea):

- Lodge cast iron grilling fry pan (fry pan with the grooves in it for meat)

So.. I know I want a wok any advice? (would like nonstick unless people convince me don't need non-stick for a wok.. haven't done stirfry before so have no experience - previous kitchen setup did not have good enough ventilation or cooktop for it).

Finally - what more do I need? I'd like to add a couple peices to this list.

Comments (11)