SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_325189705

Help with plan location Austin Roses near Maple Trees and Rhododendron

garden nest 101 Z5 northeast
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've red that near Maple Trees and Rhododendron gardens might not get nutrients. There are roots all around my yard from old removed trees as well.

e house faces West.

I am in zone 5/ north NY

1st. Location might be at both side of the deck. Left side gets sun starting 11am all day. Right side gets sun 12:00 and up.

Cons: 1 Pink Rhododendron on each side 7 feet distance from the entrance of deck and 10 feet distance on the right side

2nd. location Back of the yard against the garage wall that faces south and gets sun from about 9:30 to noon.

Cons Maple trees on the left side 25' far and on behind the garage 20' far. trash and compost bin will be behind the garage (Bugs problems?)

Roses prefer morning sun I read but I also read that Maple trees roots get up to that and longer and take the nutrients.

On the left side there is also another space, next to neighbor's driveway with sun all day. some lilacs and a small cherry tree (non flowering type)

we will probably uproot this tree.

My roses for now are:

JUDE THE OBSCURE

OLIVIA ROSE AUSTIN

ANCIENT MARINER

BOSCOBEL

CLAIRE AUSTIN

BATHSHEBA, Eustacia Vye and Emily Bront (HOPE TO find own root )

I appreciate any information, experience or any info about location and more. I had some 20 roses garden before but I moved.

This time I'm more careful wanting disease resistant but fragrant and repeat roses.

My worse problem with the health of the roses at that time was the Sawfly worms/wasp or whatever is called. It defoliated all my roses many times regardless of many spray ( never sprayed strong stuff like seven etc,)

Thanks before so much for you help!

on each side 7 feet distance from the entrance of deck and 10 feet distance on the right side

Comments (15)