SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajcn

Ceiling fan selection - what to consider?

3 years ago

We are doing an outdoor reno and I need to choose ceiling fans. I like the one I have in my bedroom bc it's simple and attractive - it's a 3 blade fan with an enclosed LED light kit. But, I don't know what to choose for outside. We live in the Gulf South and we want to really MOVE air. These fans will go on an upstairs covered balcony and on a downstairs covered patio. I'm not sure if we should choose 1 large center fan for each space or 2 smaller fans for each space. The electrical is fine either way; there's plenty of access and there's electrical up there already, so each to move and adjust. Each space is about 15 feet wide and open to the backyard with no screening. Our goals are to move max air and have a light in each fan.

What are the rules of thumb regarding the number of blades, the length of the blades, 1 or 2 fans, etc?

I've never chosen outdoor fans bc the lame ones (small, hard to clean bc of too many nooks and crannies, don't move much air) have been here since we moved in.

Comment (1)