SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah1433

Asking for Advice on this Mountain View Floorplan!

sarah1433
3 years ago

This a floorplan I came up with and have sent to our CAD person. I just wanted another set of eyes on it because I think the more people who look at it the more perspective I get! Also, I will tell a little bit of background:

It's a one acre lot on a ridge in a neighborhood that will have the house sitting right on top of the ridge. We are in the Southeastern part of the US.

The house is so long/wide because I wanted as many rooms as possible to have mountain views. Also, the 'back' will kind of be the front (with a walkout basement) and on the 'back' there will be a 'front door' and garages with courtyard to turn around. So basically two fronts!

My husband and I have 2 girls - 9 and 10 and we plan to stay in this house at least through their teen years which is why I set them up on the second floor with a bonus room that is open to the Living Room below. Right now, it can be a play room but when they are older it can be a 'hangout' that I can still keep tabs on them with.

We are really private people and don't like open floor plans so we wanted one room that guests and random visitors can come in that we maintain but they don't need to walk into our house and see the whole thing (kitchen, toys, etc). This is what our Living Room will primarily be used for.

For dining, my main plan is to eat outside on the screened in porch 90% of the time but when it's too cold we would use the DR. (the kitchen island would be for random snacking etc). Also, my husband and I both love to cook together so we wanted a large enough kitchen for us to be able to move around each other. The other bedroom on the main floor will really be my office.

My husbands office will be in the partially finished basement along with his own bathroom, a 1/2 bath for people swimming and a huge gym. He works out a lot so this and his office can be his own space.

We know - we like our bathrooms!! :) There are a bunch!

Please give me any and all the advice you can!! Thank you!

Comments (15)