SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
blakusremikus

Floorplan Advice NEeded - Entry, Kitchen and Master Bath/Closet

Blake Remmick
3 years ago

Hey everyone! Put this on the side for a couple months and am now back on it. Made some tweaks to the plan and looking for some advice.

Some background, this home will be going a lot in the mountains of Utah. Imagine steep winding roads, huge views and 30+ feet of annual snowfall. Lot is side sloping and downhill. Master and front bedroom are over the garages, single side load and double front load. Driveway enters on the low side of the lot. Front entry is at street level. Basement is a walkout.

My concerns/advice topics:

- Front entry - I created a bumpout for the front entry. Not sure on the overall feel of it. Think I prefer a bench and hook area to a closet, as this will be only for short-term guests. Not sure about front door not being centered or what to do with the porch.

- Kitchen - I shortened the island up some to open it up and increase walk space. It was the length of the room and same width to the wall as the fridge. Not sure what looks/feels better. Also, not sure on how to arrange the appliances.

- Master bath/closet - Not sure what to do here. Like the layout, not sure I love it. Want a window in there, but not sure about in the shower. Any thoughts on moving the spaces or flipping the spaces?

Thanks a ton!

Comments (54)

Sponsored
USA Cabinet Store - Chantilly
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars38 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Cabinetry Professionals - 2x Best of Houzz!