SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_1433548

Caesarstone Quartz came in looking blue-ish not cream-ish!

Lisa Nixey-Primier
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm stuck on what to do. I splurged on my new Quartz countertop and looked at sooo many white samples to find the perfect blend with my off-white cabinets. So many options were too white or would lean towards blue, pink or grey. I finally found Caesarstone 'pure white' which actually didn't seem too stark and had a soft, almost creamy tone. It was the perfect blend, so although out of my price range, I decided I had run out of options and I purchased it. Four weeks later the countertop comes in and it looks white-white. Almost blue. It isn't a huge contrast but it was not what I wanted. I picked up the sample and compared it to see if I was wrong and although it wasn't a huge difference, there was still a difference. Subtle, but the sample was definitely creamier. I'm not sure what to do or if I have any options. My picture(I will attach below) shows the sample on top with the countertop below. You can see the sample is the better blend with my cabinets. Again, it looks subtle but still more blue-ish white than creamy white. The picture doesn't really show the blue that I see but you can see it is whiter. Am I crazy? Is this okay? I know there's a disclaimer about variances, but I assumed the veining or spots are variable, not the actual white leaning away from the shade I chose. Creamier would have been fine, but not whiter. So now I have this big, beautiful kitchen that I purchased in pieces, sanded down, completely refinished myself and splurged on a countertop that clashes with my cabinets. Ugh!! What would YOU do?

Comments (34)