SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

April 2021 Week 2

dbarron
3 years ago

Well, it's Easter Sunday. Due to not having family (essentially) and no small children, I don't expect to see any brightly colored eggs today (and I have to say I miss them....I would probably be happy to seek eggs myself, despite age...how about YOU?) Good memories.

Well I have about 40 new plants still sitting on my lawn and waiting for me to plunge them somewhere. I didn't really feel up to it last couple of days, so they simply got watered. Today, I have some hopes that planting will spontaneously occur.

One of my things is that some of the larger and slower plants, like compass plant (12 foot flowering potential) should probably be planted where I want it to grow (at least as long roots as the flowering scapes). The problem is that I want to do a reclaimation from lawn to wild flowers, and thus the area is rife with bermuda at present. I guess I'll just do it..and apply some mulch around them, spray some grass-b-gone if I must during the summer and mow around them. Then in mid-summer I'll be applying roundup...and will just have to cover them to prevent accidental exposure. Nothing in life is simple, especially if you try to rush it (like me).

So, for me it's the absolute worst allergy time (I always have the worst time when apples are blooming, and the neighbors apples are blooming). I couldn't focus well enough to read the screen for hours this morning.

I wish everyone an enjoyable reminder of the weekend, and a pleasant week this week.

Comments (99)