SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

March 2021 Week 2

dbarron
3 years ago

Well, hopefully (other than dead/brown plants), we have forgotten our polar vortex event and are now firmly thinking about Spring and starting plants for the gardens. Things are responding well to the warmer weather and Spring seems to be coming quickly. I noticed this past week that the maples are now flowering. If there were ONE thing I'd like to get frozen, it would be all those little green propellers that will sprout everywhere..but I don't think I ever have seen a year without them :(

It looks like it's safe for non-tender plants that can tolerate a degree or two of frost w/o injury (from my forecast)...(probably will change) as today was the last predicted frost in the monthly view. Oops, nope, now they're saying a 31 next week. Well still safe for hardy plants (cole crops, onions, etc) still.

Strangely, I'm anticipating (I think someone else already said that) a dry spring and summer. I'm not sure that sounds too bad, as long as it's not enough to cause the trees to defoliate.

I may possibly get in the mood to start some more tender things, which I delayed to avoid them getting long and lanky or me getting in a hurry to put them out and getting them frosted minorly.

I hope we *ALL* have a lovely week.

Comments (47)