SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_549593932

Need vinyl window advice for new construction

T P
3 years ago

Building a new house in Pittsboro, NC. Builder uses a supply house that offers MI , Jeld-Wen, Anderson and Marvin windows. We believe vinyl or fiberglass is what we want, not wood. From my research, MI seems like a very low quality line. I had pricing from an outside dealer (Zen Windows) who was reselling SoftLite Imperial, but the day before we were writing the $30k order for 30 windows, they sent an email saying they didn't think they were a good fit for our project. What?? My next favorite choice was Sunrise, but their lead time is now 12-16 weeks, which we can't afford schedule-wise. Anyway, to stay on schedule I need to choose between the Jeld-Wen 4500 premium vinyl or the Marvin Essential fiberglass or find another vinyl brand we could get within 8 weeks or so. Question #1) Which is a better choice, the Jeld-Wen 4500 or the Marvin Essential and Question 2) Assuming I don't go with anything from Question 1, and given a medium-sized budget, what recommendation for brands and lines would you go with for new construction vinyl?

Comments (19)