SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_234311680

Asbestos everywhere? Please help!

Nina S
3 years ago

I just found out asbestos is in old condos and now I dont know what to do with all my stuff. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but if someone has advice for me, please let me know! Thank you!

1. In my old condo i put 13 nails and 10 screws (by hand) into asbestos wall 4 years ago, took them out half year ago, both without cleaning dust, which was falling most likely right into shoes, bed, furniture, things stored under bed…If I was putting clothes on the carpet do you think the asbestos fibers got onto the clothes?
What should I do now?

2. In my new condo, company was fixing 10×10feet moldy floor. Under new

laminate floor there was old wood floor with paint spots and lots of white/yellow/grey dust. While they were tearing it apart, sanding it and put fan on it, the dust from all of this was going through all condo with furniture not covered. Looks like when previous owner had renovation few year ago they didnt bother to clean the floor and just put new on top. (they demolished kitchen wall to have it open, disturbed the ceiling with more lights and demolishing the wall, painted textured ceiling, remodeled bathroom…) Now how do i know the dust on the old wood floor which went to everything, didn't had asbestos from the renovation, since there could be asbestos in the walls, textured ceiling, bathroom, plugs… (the old owner told me the company didnt test asbestos before renovation of whole condo from year 1970)
I have no idea what to do.

Please help! Thanks!!!

Comments (15)