SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_58889218

Schluter trim or ? for wood plank shower tile

JAB
3 years ago

We are in the middle of building a 4 by 4.5 foot walk in shower as part of an addition/remodel in a rustic lake front setting. We chose a 6 by 36 inch porcelain light tan wood look tile for the shower walls and ceiling - and a dark blue mosaic tile for the shower floor to complement our blue and brown granite. Problem: we didn't focus on the shower tile edges where the walls will meet the shower door, nor the tile edges for the soap/shampoo recesses. Now as the tiling is starting, the guys asked what we planned for the tile edges, and said they recommend metal trim? I'd never heard of it before, and have been trying to get up to speed on Schluter, jolly, etc. etc. We have worked hard to have a rustic look in the master bath with cathedral ceiling, beams, pine walls and ceiling, wood plank flooring, etc. To my mind, sifting through pictures, the metal trim can be ugly and way too contemporary for our look. But there is no bull nose or corner piece option with our wood plank tile. I see that Schluter makes some colored aluminum options - there are some textured brown/tan tone ones that might fade into the background a bit next to our wood plank tile. I would have spent time carefully researching, but wasn't aware of the issue until now as they start tiling, so we're in a time crunch. Thoughts?? TIA!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional