SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stiley

Induction range: GE Cafe or Bosch Benchmark

stiley
3 years ago

Hi, we get to remodel our kitchen, and I'm shopping for new appliances. I've narrowed my range choice down to two 30" induction ranges but need assistance deciding between the GE Cafe and the Bosch Benchmark. I like the classic looks of the Cafe but have read conflicting reports of reliability. The Bosch one has good reviews, but I'm concerned the look is a little too modern. We live in a 1980s soft contemporary, and our style is transitional/eclectic.

All our other appliances will be paneled or hidden, so the range is the only piece that will look like an appliance. However, the star of the show will the the countertop and tall backsplash. I'm not a super chef but cook every day to feed my family. For the range, I care more about looks and reliability than cool cooking features; it just needs to do the job so far as cooking. Does anyone have feedback on either of these appliances to help us decide?

Here are mockups of the kitchen--ignore the colors since the finishes haven't been finalized. But instead of wall ovens, we're opting for a range so that we have more pantry space beside the fridge. We're keeping all fixtures in the same spot except for the range, so sink and fridge can't move.

This view above is what most guests will see when they enter the house (from our backyard). Here's what that view looks like today:

This view is looking in through the window above the sink.

Thanks for any thoughts on the range! Or anything else that you notice. This is our home for a long time, and I'm terrified of making a wrong decision. I'll note that we're also gutting our master bathroom and redoing the entire upstairs, so although there are many things I'd love to do in the kitchen, we're limited by budget. Our design/build team is awesome and I feel like I'm able to splurge on the things that are important to me (SubZero fridge, quartzite counters).

Comments (14)