SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_15

Brown/yellow spots on satin pothos

Kelly
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Any clue why I constantly get yellow brown spots on this plant?

I'm not super concerned with this as I know my plants won't look perfect 24/7 but I'm curious what all the experts have to say out there! I thought it was worth asking because this plant will consistently get 1-2 bad leaves on it. I've just been clipping them back and the cycle just continues.

I know yellowing tends to be a sign of over watering, but I don't think that's the case. This plants appears to get brown spots first and turn yellow as they die. I make sure the pot is almost dry before watering and it's planted in a nursery pot with great drainage and light soil. I've had it about a year and never really fertilized it so maybe that would help? I also know it's not root bound. The rest of the plant appears healthy (no pests that I can see) and continues to grow!

PS. I know I may not be using the correct common name for this plant. I've heard many different names used to describe this one as well as similar variety with larger leaves. This is the smaller leaf one and I believe the scientific name is Scindapsus pictus 'Argyraeus' but I'm not positive. I've heard silvery anne, silver philodendron, etc. but I just call mine satin pothos!

Comments (6)