SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_269543283

Ideas for a triangular shaped living space

New User
3 years ago

I'm looking for some ideas regarding my new living space. I'm looking for an earthy color scheme that features whites and greens. My main concern is around how to use the triangular shaped living room. Here is the floor plan:

For arrangement, I am thinking of layouting the living room with the back of the couch facing the barstools, that way the couch doesn't take away from the view. Then I'll place a TV in the corner to the left of the floor to ceiling windows.

I'm liking the look/layout I've included below. Do you think the couch should be parallel to the wall it faces or should it be on a diagonal facing the triangular corner to the left of the windows? Would a curved sofa/loveseat be best here? I'd like to save on space as much as possible, with some other seating options next to a loveseat.

In the kitchen, there is some space near the window. I'm thinking of either keeping that open or using it as a nook. There is also a big empty wall that I don't currently have any ideas for:

If you have any other ideas in terms of color scheme or furniture (loveseat or sofa, stools, kitchen, etc) that you think would complement nicely, I'd appreciate any feedback!

Comment