SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

I have a really dumb cell phone question.

Alisande
3 years ago

I'm sure this will have some of you rolling your eyes, but that's okay. Roll on!

I like technology and have had a phone in my car since my first "bag phone" in the early 1980s. I'm now on my third smart phone. But the thing is, I've never paid much attention to them. I don't have a cell signal in the house, and a 5-mile radius around my home is most wooded with little chance of picking up a good signal.

Another reason I've given them little attention is I would just as soon not get social calls when I'm out. With a desktop computer, a Chromebook, and three tablets at home, I feel very much connected there--and I like that. But when I leave the house I want to disconnect. My kids have my cell phone number, and that's about it. I have a pre-paid plan with Black Wireless that costs $10 for 90 days, talk and text only, and I'm happy with it. But a few times this year I found myself in situations where a data plan would have come in handy. Also, although I'm confirmed camera user I do take photos with my cell phone if I see something irresistible while I'm out in the car, and the quality of my current phone's camera isn't great. So I bought myself a new phone and plan to upgrade my Black Wireless plan..

This brings me to my question: What do I have to do to use this phone? I ordered a new SIM card and put it in, but I can't use the phone to make calls. I suspect this is because my current phone is still operational. How do I disable the old one and enable the new one?

Okay, you can stop rolling your eyes now. LOL

Comments (26)