SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Speaking of outdoor furniture: potting bench/buffet?

Sueb20
3 years ago

I don’t have a large yard/patio, so I’d like to combine two needs in one: a table that can serve as a potting table and a sort of buffet table. We have ONE table that serves as dining table, potting table, place to set food and drink, etc. The grill has the tiny little shelf attached that’s big enough for, say, a dinner plate. We sometimes need more space to set down food from the grill, or a tray of drinks. I also would like to use it to pot my container plants, instead of making a mess on the dining table. Needless to say, this new potting bench/buffet would be cleaned off regularly.

I don’t want to spend more than $500. I’d actually prefer to spend a lot less and maybe repaint or jazz up something that isn’t technically meant to be used this way — like a vintage “something”. Some sort of console table? I like the idea of painting something to coordinate with my house. Maybe add some antique hardware.

The house is a 1900 Victorian. Existing furniture on the patio:

A good size would be 36-48” w, 18-24” d, and 30-36” h. Any suggestions?

I’ve considered this IKEA piece which someone hacked for this purpose. Someone on my FB mkt was selling one for $50 but it sold before I got to it!

Comments (62)