SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
internet1382

Question about window covering in kitchen

Aphaea
3 years ago

I just bought this mobile home in a fabulous senior park. The home is from 1978, and we have spent the last 2.5 months in renovations, some large ones for safety, others for decor. The windows are all going to have drapes, mostly custom.

The valance was removed at my instruction on this kitchen window. We were going to leave the blinds that were there up until I could afford something I liked better but due to a leak all the windows are now being replaced with new double-paned ones. The blinds were taken down, and now because of the new windows we are not re-installing them because they would hit the window frame due to being too close.

So, what kind of window covering would you suggest for the kitchen? The entire kitchen is primarily white now (BM's Chantilly Lace), and the secondary color is green throughout the home. (I am in love with emerald.) I do cook but the cooktop is not next to the window. The vintage O'Keefe & Merritt wall over is staying as it is in perfect condition. And the window is right above the sink.

I loathe beiges, tans, browns, olive greens, etc. I don't think we can use shutters as today's versions (3 1/2 or larger) are too big for the window sills. (I'd love them though.) What ideas do you have?

Comments (5)