SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan275

It's absolutely amazing how much diversity exists on our planet...

perennialfan275
3 years ago

Over the last few years I've really gotten into nature shows on Nat Geo Wild (and Animal Planet). At a certain point in my life I decided if I'm going to watch something on tv I want to watch something educational instead of some drama series. It seems almost every time I watch a new episode I see some new species (whether it's an animal, plant, etc) I've never even heard of. When I hear about all the different species that go extinct every year I almost want to cry. And when you see all these critically endangered species on these shows (some of them are absolutely beautiful btw...) it makes me sick to think we will most likely lose them very soon.

Anyways, I could spend a long time talking about this, but the more I do this the more upset I get. I've never really consider myself a nature lover, and even now I hesitate to call myself one because of the negative stigma that can come with it. What I want people to get out of this is to please consider watching these shows at some point. Wild India (or whatever country/region), the shows about our oceans, etc. There is so much beauty on our planet. I think everyone should see it at some point (either in person or on tv).

Comments (14)