SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick

Anti-inflammatories and vaccines

olychick
3 years ago

This is cross posted. I'd love to get some reassurance, but I do want others to see the information and do their own research and inquiries:

I wrote before that I had little to no reaction to either shot. This morning I got a text from a friend who is my age and she was flattened for a day by her 2nd dose. She said that she'd been told to stop taking her anti-inflammatory medications (I don't know what she takes) before the shot, so part of her reaction was intense arthritis pain that is usually somewhat controlled by her medication.

I had not been given this advice, so I started reading this morning and it does seem that it is advised to stop taking anti-inflammatory drugs before the vaccine as they can suppress the immune response of the vaccine. Great. Now I am worried that the lack of reaction to the vaccine could mean that it didn't work because of me taking ibuprofen regularly.

Has anyone else heard this? I can't believe it wasn't widely stated since so many elders are taking anti-inflammatory drugs for arthritis and other conditions.

Comment