SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leonardnl23

Roses with Rugosa background?

I am spraying my roses (against blackspot) with dormant oil, and after reading an old discussion here about taking care with roses which have rugosa background, I started to worry that maybe some of mine do have, and I don't know it! Here is my list of the ones that I thought were safe to spray:

Anna's Promise, Ballerina, Belinda's Blush, Beverly, Bliss Parfuma, Bonica, Bordeaux, Carefree Beauty, Climbing Cecile Beauty, Cloud 10, Darlow's Enigma, Dee-Lish, Felicia, Flamenco Rosita, Folksinger, Francis Meilland, Francios Rabelais, Ispahan, John Davis, Julia Child, Kardinal Kolarscape, Lavendar Veranda, Lyda Rose, Marchessa Boccella, Marie Pavie, Mary Rose, Moonlight Romantica, Mutabilis, New Dawn, Pink Eden, Pink Gruss an Aachen, Pink Prosperity, Polar Express, Pretty in Pink, Quietness, Raspberry Cream Twirl, Sally Holmes, Scentimental, Summer Romance, Summer Sun, Sunny Sky, Super Dorothy, Sweet Frances, Sweet Spirit, Theresa Bugnet, Thomas Affleck, Twilight Zone and Valentine.

Some I have had for many years, and I think I know "who they are" but thought I might as well just double check. I try hard not to spray my roses and would feel terrible to cause them damage.

I would really appreciate it if any of you who really know your roses would tell me if I should avoid chemicals on any of the above.

Thanks very much!

Comments (4)