SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a10509

Dated Kitchen - Help! - Stuck in the 2000's!

Mark Robinson
3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. We recently purchased a home that has bathrooms and a kitchen that seem to be very mid-2000's "take me to Italy, but I'm really in NY/NJ" type kitchen, all that is missing is a sign that says "Cafe".

We plan to completely redo the kitchen in the next few years but for now it is just a budget fix. To date I've painted the walls (were a unpleasant yellow) to a white and changed the door hardware. As you can see it's a smaller kitchen with a dining room attached, in all it is a small area.

My plan going forward was to paint the kitchen cabinets, possibly the cabinet pulls, paint the tile back-splash and the tile floor. For now I really want to keep the white walls just to get some light in there, however I'm having a horrible time figuring out what to plain the above items (backsplash, cabinets, floor) because we plan to leave the granite in for now and not paint/epoxy that. The color of the granite appears to be a new Venetian gold granite.

What does everyone think? I guess I'm having a hard time coming up with colors that work with the starkish white and the yellow granite that will stay for now. I've been toying with a navy blue, light grey, whites, blacks....

HELP!

Comments (8)