SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_brown347

Our new Pine Floors need help! What should I use??

elizabeth brown
3 years ago

We did a massive historic home restoration and our contractor took a lot of short cuts, including only putting one coat of "varnish" on our pine wood floors. The floors are a magnet for grime and I can't seem to get them clean. We want a shiny solid surface free of all of the little grooves of the wood grain. We also have terrible allergies and are trying to stay away from carpets as well as eliminate areas that trap dirt, such as the floors in our house. I would like to put some sort of varnish on the kitchen floors to make them look better and be easier to clean. Would lightly sanding them, cleaning them and then applying a gloss finish be appropriate? If so, what products do you recommend? I am very handy and comfortable with DIY projects. Refinishing the floors professionally is not in the cards right now (Due to Covid and Finances etc). We will refinish them professionally one day when the kids are older. What do I do to make these floors work for us currently. I would love suggestions on products to use. I do appreciate your time!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths