SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_vitelli

HELP!!! BM Classic Grey looks BABY BLUE!

Kristine
3 years ago

I purchased like 10 samples of off whites, painted boards and relocated them to different areas of rooms at different times of the day. I read tons of blogs and posts to avoid paint that was too yellow, too muddy, too cold, too sterile...I finally chose classic grey thinking it was safer than a white and would do well with lighting in kitchen, family room and powder room. Warm and light, well...

I walked in after work and I see BABY BLUE!!! Like a cold color of ice. Now it is just the primer that was tinted, but my painter said that will be the color. It looks like a light warm vanilla on one wall (perfect), a neutral beige/grey in powder room (perfect) and baby blue on the one kitchen wall. The old white dove trim that will be painted oxford white looks like dirty off white/yellow. There are drop cloths on the floor and bright white kitchen cabinets aren't in yet.

Is it too early and I need to have all coats on because tinted primer is not the color or do I stop this before I have a baby blue, ice white kitchen and family room???

Comments (7)