SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephhan

How can I improve curb appeal and symmetry?

Steph Hannum
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We purchased this home at a great price. It is on the water and has amazing views and lots of bedrooms and bathrooms, so great for guests. The dock and water are out the front of the home. The lot is narrow and the previous owners turned the home sideways to fit, then tried to make the side of the house look like the front. The best view (sunset) is out the left side, so they moved those windows closer to the corner and there are also three windows top and bottom on the left side of the house close to the corner. The door cannot be moved, the house is supported down the middle. Thinking of moving the lower right window over towards the corner the same distance as the lower left window. Would like to remove small window on upper right (bathroom) and put one that matches the bottom right, however, it can not be the same height unless I completely remodel the bathroom. The sink is on the front wall. I don't mind if the window runs above the sink, but can't drop below the sink vanity. Would it look terrible if that window didn't go as low as the one on the upper left? I cannot put a window directly above the lower right window (where it is now) because there is a wall between the master bedroom and bathroom right there. Finally, thinking we will dress it up by adding some accent siding in gable, adding door trim, opening up porch with center stairs, and perhaps retrimming windows. Help!

Comments (9)