SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicialeeke

My dated kitchen needs savvy designer help!

Looking to redo this kitchen in stages. Stage 1 plans are to remove the island cabinets that block the view, sheetrock the ceiling and add new light fixtures, but I need a transitional storage solution on the far left wall by blue painting or elsewhere. What do you recommend for a buffet that is flush to the floor (so dog toys don't roll under)? OR should I build in cabinets on that far left wall with upper cabinets or do some sort of comfy seating there? Eventually want this to be a high-end kitchen.

Stage 2: Is to purchase cabinets on the bottom, add granite or quartz countertops and a backsplash for the island and right side by the dishwasher.

Any other recommendations or other ideas for storage on either the far left wall or the window wall in the eat in area? If I put a buffet or wall cabinets on the far left wall, there is no room for a table; leaving the need for bar or other seating.

A possibility could be storage on either side of the window in the eat in, but the bar counter is on the right side. I'd love to see your solutions and recommendations. Not a fan of cabinets on the island itself. Photos were shot with a phone camera; so the room looks smaller than it is.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)