SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

Desperately needing help on my kitchen design!

boymom23
11 years ago

Hello! I posted this originally over at the building forum, but many of them have sent me your way, telling me you guys are the kitchen experts! :) I'm building a new house and do not plan on moving again for a LOOONG time! Therefore, I need to get this kitchen right. Would love to hear your suggestions on how to make this kitchen work most efficiently AND look lovely. Most of the responses in the bldg forum suggest I nix the desk and move the fridge there. We've had this huge fridge/freezer combo in our old house and would like another one like it in the new house -- we got spoiled to having all the room! HOWEVER, I do not want it to be the elephant in the room. Here's a little more info. to help you as you study the plan: 1- the opening between the wall ovens and the desk is the entry way to the mudroom, garage, etc. 2- Rather than double ovens, I'm using the stack with micro/convection at the top, with oven beneath it, and 3 - I do have a pantry; it is in the mudroom, directly behind where the wall ovens are located. Would LOVE your help, as I meet with my cabinet maker tomorrow. All of the sudden my builder is waiting on me, and that is not good! Many thanks!

Comments (27)