SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kara_simms31

Question about grow light placement

Kara Simms
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm installing a couple mounted wall shelves today in my plant corner today and was hoping for some help on grow light placements... I don't get any natural light in that corner (or much throughout my place, actually -- all north-facing windows and I'm in a first floor apt with a building behind me) unfortunately, so grow lights are a must regardless of season. So far I've been using two 24w LED Sansi grow bulbs and my plants have been responding really well to them! One in a floor lamp with adjustable neck (pointing down towards plants) and the other in one of those clamp shop lights (more pointed towards the wall/down towards the plants since it's coming from the side) because as of right now, all of my plants are on my round table in the corner of the room -- hence, why I'd like to install a few shelves to free up some room on the table and to be more visually appealing.

What I'd like to do is attach one of the bulbs to a hanging pendant cord and lower it to cover the succulents I'll keep on the table & then keep the other bulb in the floor lamp, but direct it towards the wall (see pic below).

My question is.... will the plants I'll have on the wall be ok with their light coming from the side, as opposed to from above? If I rotate the plants regularly, they would still - theoretically - get the same "light" as if they were in a window where the sun hit from one side... right? Also, if helpful to know, I plan on putting my low light tolerant plants on the shelves, although Sansi claims their full spectrum bulbs give the same intensity of light no matter which part of coverage area the plant is in.

Alternatively.... I have a second hanging pendant cord and I could put the other light in that, hanging it higher, instead of the floor lamp? (it would actually be higher than what I drew in below - I just didn't include the entire height of the wall in the pic)

What do you guys think??

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County