Cookies made with chocolate syrup?

fawnridge (Ricky)

Does anyone have a recipe for cookies made with chocolate syrup? Specifically, U-Bet chocolate syrup. We have a few days left before vacation and would like to experiment. Thanks, mon.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

How about making thumbprint cookies from a good, known recipe, and making the filling with the syrup? Or peanut butter cookies, drizzled with chcolate? I don't have a recipe for fudge or hardening sauce from chocolate syrup, but they abound.

Save    
lindac92

I have a brownie recipe that uses chocolate syrup.

1 Like Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)

They need to be cookies because we're using cannabutter.

Save    
plllog

There's butter in brownies, unless the point of the syrup is to not have butter.

If you're worried about portions, you can bake them in muffin, mini-cheesecake or appetizer molds.

You could probably, as an experiment, sub syrup for honey in a recipe, or jam with a little extra flour.

Save    
beesneeds

I don't know about the particular brand... but grandma made chocolate syrup cookies years ago, I think she was a Hershey fan as far as syrup goes.

Since you are using canna butter, that means it's been processed. It will behave differently than regular butter. Try looking for ghee cookie recipes. Ghee has similar processed qualities.

Save     Thanked by fawnridge (Ricky)
fawnridge (Ricky)

We decided to make Chinese Almond cookies instead and save the U-Bet for egg creams. We might experiment with regular butter at some point, but there's always a risk factor of wasting good cannabutter.

1 Like Save    
lindac92

I would make a simple butter sugar cookie You can halve this recipe....and if the cannabutter acts differently, just adjust the flour amount.. Just add the 3 cups of flour and make drop cookies....or add more flour and roll them out and cut with a cutter....you might want to order one of these cutters.
https://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Plant-Cookie-Cutter-Smoke/dp/B0765WTLMP/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnGEXAcFuGJo5g8emCpLADhlndKxvkeIPNHKLKUvq-L7oojts0fCDoBoC_IQQAvD_BwE&hvadid=241912357600&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017894&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6712111855520818570&hvtargid=kwd-3070056517&hydadcr=24632_10399693&keywords=pot+leaf+cookie+cutter&qid=1613371728&sr=8-2&tag=googhydr-20

Sugar
cookies:

1 cup
of butter

2 cups of
sugar

Cream
together and add

2 eggs
beaten with 2 T milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla ( I like a bit more)

Mix with
the butter mix

Add 3 cups
flour mixed with 1/2 tsp salt....and as much as 1/2 cup more flour until it's stiff
enough to roll out

Make flat
patties, wrap and refrigerate for an hour or longer....

Dust board
with flour and roll and cut...

Bake 375
for 8 to 10 minutes....I use parchment on the cookie sheets....if you don't
have parchment....lightly grease the sheets.

The
absence of baking powder keeps them from rising and keeps the cookies true to
the shape of the cutter.....and makes them crisp

Save     Thanked by fawnridge (Ricky)
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays Host a Perfectly Imperfect Cookie Decorating Party
When sisters get together with their kids to decorate cookies, formality is the last thing on anybody's mind
Full Story
Most Popular The 15 Most Popular Kitchen Storage Ideas on Houzz
Solve common kitchen dilemmas in style with custom and ready-made organizers, drawers, shelves and more
Full Story
Kitchen Design Love to Cook? We Want to See Your Kitchen
Houzz Call: Show us a photo of your great home kitchen and tell us how you’ve made it work for you
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever