SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cara_cole79

Different carpet on stairs vs rooms

Cara Cole
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We have a small 1970's tri-level and replacing all the floors in the house. Carpet in the lower level family room, office and short flight of stairs. LVP on the main level living room and kitchen. Carpet again on 2nd flight of stairs to a landing and bedrooms. Stairs have to be carpeted due to Greyhounds who can't climb stairs with hard surfaces. It's too easy to make the house look choppy, so trying to get as much of a seamless look as possible. I've read that it's better to have a shorter pile carpet on the stairs than on the floors but I don't know how to mix/match different carpet piles when they will be right next to each other. Currently we have the same carpet throughout the house and the stairs do look horrible. I haven't found any carpet lines that offer the same carpet in different piles. I've thought about doing a bold pattern on the stairs only; I love that look! But again worried about chopping up the house. I have a couple of examples of the patterned stairs look that I will try to upload.

Comments (6)