SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Apps that control appliances (SMART)

nhb22
3 years ago

I found out that the all gas range I am putting in my new build is a Smart appliance that has the ability to be controlled by an app, Google something, or Alexa. I do not plan on doing any remote cooking while away from the house. I am in the retirement age and this is all new to me. My range does have dials to control the the cooktop and the oven. However, I found that I can only see what temperature the oven is set on by looking at the setting dial, or from looking at the app. There is no digital display. What bothers me the most is that there is no timer on the range. I HAVE to use the app for that!!!

I do not want to constantly have my iPhone with me to check on the cooking process. My question is... can I buy a small device such as an Amazon Fire HD 8 or Echo Show to keep next to the range and keep tabs on settings and time?

I do have an iPad, but I'd rather not have to go find it every time I want to cook. Not to mention keeping such an expensive device near the range. The Amazon products are very reasonable. I need a timer, and not just one of those little portable timers or the type you have to wind, which can be quite inaccurate.

Comments (5)