SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phatty_71

Help: Must make virtual decision on Florida red-brick home roof color

phatty_71
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello, Everyone:

Our roof needs to be changed due to damage, and we need to make a virtual decision on the color. Every recommendation I’ve read says to hold shingle samples against your brick during different times of the day; unfortunately, we don’t have access to our home at this time. I am relying on virtual roof design tools and your well-appreciated input to help guide our selections. It's been highly encouraged that we keep with a gray color roof or go with a medium brown or lighter sienna color due to Florida’s heat effects on cooling costs and the life of the shingles. But, I can’t seem to find anything that will fit the bill because I’ve read darker colors are better matched with red brick, and I agree. I’m not a fan of greens and feel black is too dark. I really want to give our house a fresh look and move away from the traditional neutral gray.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcomed. Here are some details:

• A gray roof (see old picture of home)
  • No grays in the brick (see recent picture of home with tarp)
  • Red brick with brown and rust casts and, I believe, white mortar.
  • Beige tiles with hints of brown and rust colors are on the front porch floor.

Old picture with the current gray roof color. For some odd reason, the picture shows grays but there aren't any in the brick.

A current picture with a more accurate reflection of house colors:

Prefer the architectural dimension shingles with maybe a couple of blended colors. Below are some options but fear too dark for Florida and may be overpowering. Should we go lighter or another color scheme????

Pristine Heather:

Summer Storm:

Pristine Sienna:

Pristine Pewter (a dark gray):

Pristine Hickory;

Highland Brown:

Thank you in advance!

Comments (27)