SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Lax mask wearing in medical offices

Since Covid started surging before Christmas and the new variants out there the only building I've gone into in the last six weeks has been dropping off packages at UPS. But my doctor wanted me to get some lab tests done, so I went to the lab that my doctor told me was "safe."
There were three or four check in windows, but it wasn't busy so there was only one open. For some reason the other windows had full plexiglass, bbut tthis one only had one half of the window covered. The woman behind it had her mask off while she sipped on some water. I overheard someone behind her telling her to make sure that her mask covered her nose, because "it bothers some people when their nose isn't covered." WTH? These people work in a MEDICAL office!
After she finished her drink she pulled her flimsy cloth mask up, but it didn't fit well, and was loose around her nose. On the other hand I was wearing a KN95 under a cloth mask.
I think that everyone working there should be issued a new surgical mask daily, and be required to wear it properly at all times while they are in the building. If they need to pull it down to have a drink of water they can do that when they are not in contact with patients.
If this was the "safe" lab I'd hate to see what the unsafe one is like!

Comments (26)