The Winter Games Continue - February CLXII
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (145)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Daily Support, Mon. February 1st thru Sun.. Feb. 7th
Comments (35)Good afternoon all, Thank you SO much for the continued thoughts and prayers for SP. The hoof trimmer was out again this morning and we got SP and the rest of the herd out into the pasture. Casey was kicking up her heels in a big way (maybe to encourage SP) and SP did not do that but she went and stayed out until 2:00 pm. She has not layed down once yet today but she must be tired. She is in her stall now so I imagine a nap is in order. It is chilly (21) but sunny here today. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that this snow is way south of us. It would be great hardship for both P and me if we were to get clobbered with snow right now. DH left yesterday morning to deliver in Virginia! I could not believe he was going. He got to NJ last night and then into Maryland today before he decided to pull it over and stop. I just hope he is at a good truck stop with the anmenities....like hook up for tv for the super bowl....good lord that would upset him! I am feeling encouraged still. SP is very, very lame and it's painful to watch her walk but it's the only way for her to get better. She takes baby step when she needs to but the thing is that she is doing it and has not given up. The vet has likened her pain to having all of your fingers slammed or crushed with a vise or in a big door. We all know how that feels - that throbbing endless pain. She says it ten times worse in the feet. The hoof is very much like a fingernail. My sweet brave girl....See MoreFebruary 2019, Week 2, Planting Time Is So Close....And, Yet, So Far
Comments (60)Kim, Prayers for fast healing for you. Bon, Where would we be without our beloved OK Mesonet? It has all the most helpful info in so many different formats. I just love it. I'm glad Bill made it home in time to chop wood. Hopefully that wood will keep the stove fed and keep you all toasty warm. Maybe you coulda/woulda/shoulda been chopping wood, but we know that it wouldn't feed your soul the way that gardening does, so we totally get it. Your wind chill was bad and it was bad so much earlier than ours. The cold front didn't make it this far south until tonight, but we're plenty chilly now. Megan, If you need some time to just chill, then allow yourself to do that. I think when our bodies are telling us what it needs, we need to listen. With a three day weekend, you should have adequate time for chilling and seed starting. Enjoy your holiday weekend. dbarron, Maybe the cat and dog were just playing and neither is too much of a fraidy cat? I'm glad you got the car into the garage so you won't have to chisel ice off the windshield later. The plants don't seem as bothered by the cold as we do. I guess that's because they are out in it 24/7 and are somewhat better adapted to it perhaps. Rebecca, I hope the procedure went well and that you and your mom made it home just fine. Y'all, the models look like somebody is going to get some snow next week, but I do not necessarily think it will hit many of us unless something changes. We have an unexpected, last-minute bonus weekend with the older granddaughter this week as her dad is unavailable for his weekend with her. Well, his loss is our gain and we're going to enjoy having her here with us, though she might climb the walls a little bit without her little sis around to play with. Of course, we can do things we don't do when little sis is here, like maybe go to a more mature movie (something not G-rated) or to a restaurant that little sis doesn't like. Tomorrow will be just her day and she's already voiced her opinion on where we should eat lunch. : ) Before they called to see if she could come stay with us, I had thought I might do a little plant shopping or something tomorrow but I think instead we'll do something she'll enjoy. It still is pretty chilly to be buying plants, especially since the cold weather doesn't want to go away. I'm ready to do some gardening, but the weather isn't really right for it yet, especially with the persistently soggy soil. Dawn...See MoreFebruary FOTESS Activity - Herbs and Spice and Everything Nice
Comments (194)Susan ... OMG osh ... THANK YOU very much for all the FUN gifties you sent my way ... You did not need to send all those, but I really appreciate the thoughtfulness and generosity, very much appreciated! a lovely card and note ....LOVE the beautiful FLAMINGO hand towels, those are already out and hanging, the fantastic assortment of seeds in the cutest little bag, wow! I plan to get these sown probably Monday ... seasoning, flamingo luggage tag, journal, crossword puzzle book, trident gum, handcream, lip gloss set, honey vanilla chamomile tea bags - cant wait to try this! THANK YOU so much Susan .... I had lots of FUN with your herbs and spice swap Susan and enjoyed learning from your postings!...See MoreOBF February: Sweet and Simple
Comments (153)Oh my gosh, I did not realize that Renee had not received my card. I will be resending asap. I have been struggling to keep up on everything going on in both the swaps I joined. I apologize. I have never had a card or package get lost like that in the many years I have been doing swaps. I have contacted Renee. Melinda, I’m so sorry to hear about your sister and bil. That’s a double whammy. I’ll be praying for them. Thank you for doing this hosting with so much on your mind. Margo...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEGet Through the Winter With an Après-Ski Attitude
Try these 10 easy ways to bring the pleasures of a ski vacation home
Full Story
LIFEHard Winter? 9 Ways to Battle Cabin Fever
We know a lot of you are trapped where it just won’t stop snowing. Here are some ways to survive
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your February Home Checklist
Keep your home fresh and organized this month while you plan for warmer days ahead
Full Story
LIFE6 Ways to Beat the Winter Blahs
Snow and dark days dampening your spirits? These ideas will have you looking on the bright side
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEHer Home Is Her Therapist
When she remembers to change her perspective and have a little fun, her home helps her through winter’s low points
Full Story
LIFE7 Things to Do Before You Move Into a New House
Get life in a new house off to a great start with fresh paint and switch plates, new locks, a deep cleaning — and something on those windows
Full Story
FRONT YARD IDEASBefore and After: Front Lawn to Prairie Garden
How they did it: Homeowners create a plan, stick to it and keep the neighbors (and wildlife) in mind
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN7 Steps to Pantry Perfection
Learn from one homeowner’s plan to reorganize her pantry for real life
Full Story
SAVING WATERHouzz Call: Are You Letting Go of Your Lawn?
Many facing a drought are swapping turf for less thirsty plantings. If you’re one of them, we’d like to hear about it
Full Story
FUN HOUZZBinge on the Design of ‘House of Cards’
Pull up a seat to Netflix’s addictive political drama for sets and fashions rife with intrigue
Full Story
Kath