SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi_egge

Small bathroom layout - am I crazy to try to fit a tub in here?!

Gigi E
3 years ago

We are renovating a small bathroom in a cabin, and I'm trying to do the space planning myself. Unfortunately I need to put a stackable washer/dryer in there, so that takes up a decent amount of space. For many reasons, I think the W/D, 60" vanity and the toilet are in the only places they can really go. So that side of the room is pretty set. (There is a 47" window to the right of the vanity.)

I would REALLY like to have a small freestanding tub, but - I have spent many hours racking my brain trying to figure out how to fit it in, and I'm starting to lose hope that I can actually make it work. (And it would have to be *really* small, as well!) The 12" "wall" by the toilet would be a half wall/cabinet/storage space. As is, I would only have 28" available for a shower door, which I don't think is wide enough. Please excuse the very rudimentary, not-entirely-to-scale layout (tried to teach myself how to use a sketch app with mixed results, lol!), but I would love input to see if there is ANY WAY I can get my tub in here!!

And if not, how would you modify the configuration?? I suppose if I really can't figure out a way to do the tub, I could enlarge the shower, but I'm not even sure how much I could enlarge it and still have enough space between the vanity and the shower. (Perhaps an L-shaped shower?? Is that a thing?) Thank you!

)

Comments (10)