SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

She's out of "Covid Jail"

User
3 years ago

My daughter started getting symptoms two weeks ago and it was confirmed 12 days ago that she had Covid19. She never goes anywhere except work and home so only co-workers (where she got it FROM) and her boyfriend were contacts.

Her symptoms seemed to change daily from no taste or smell AT ALL. All her food tasted bland. She could tell sweet, but couldn't taste sweet. She could tell the tea my East Indian friend made for her daily had a lot of pepper in it, but couldn't taste the pepper. Her jalapeno bread tasted like cardboard and she said she spent way too long online shopping for the best tasting Triscuit crackers when plain no name brand would have tasted the same. She used her infusers and perfume to hopefully get a whiff of scent, but the only thing that happened was her sinuses felt like they were going to explode. Not sure if it was allergy related (so she took antihistamines) or if that was a covid symptom. Day 3 she had already lost 8 pounds because food wasn't something she really wanted (but she forced it down) and she drank gallons of hot herbal teas and water. Her headaches moved from one part of her head to another for a few days. Her lungs did not get congested or wheezy but felt really tight for days. She's asthmatic so she used her inhaler to keep the airways open. Body aches and pains lasted most of the time. Extreme fatigue. Just walking from her couch to the bathroom which is maybe 15 feet, would exhaust her. Then she had to walk back.

She updated her symptoms on Facebook daily and kept such a wonderful sense of humour. Her boyfriend stayed with her the entire time knowing full well he could also get sick. He could have quarantined in a hotel downtown and gotten 3 square meals a day plus snacks, but he said, "all my things are at home and I couldn't leave her by herself in case she needed help". That's why we love him so much. He put her needs ahead of his own fear.

She was released from "Covid Jail" as she calls it, on Friday. She can walk to the store to get anything she needs. Now her boyfriend has 14 more days of "jail" because he can still test positive. He's the third spouse that I personally know of who didn't get sick when their wives/partners did get sick.

I can breathe a little better now and sleep better now too. My anxiety was so bad on Thursday. Between worrying about a child I couldn't hug or hold or do anything for, and stuff at work I could barely think and had to ask my daughter in law for advice which is a 180 degree turnaround for us. lol She's always asking me for advice on life. hahaha

Just want to share my daughters experience so that you all know that Covid doesn't have to be a death sentence. She was VERY lucky because she is asthmatic and has had bronchitis and pneumonia and double pneumonia as a child so her lungs are compromised already. BUT, you still can't take the chance to let your guard down when being with friends and family. Perfectly healthy people have died from this virus. We don't know how it chooses who it wants to affect the hardest and why those who should be terrified because of comprised health can survive it. She let her guard down. I'm being honest when I say I have done the same myself but the past 12 days, even I keep my mask on at work a lot more and warn our customers why they should make sure theirs is on properly (you can't enter our store without a mask on).

Anyway: THANK YOU to everyone who wished her well on my other thread. The outpouring of support of positive thoughts from complete strangers, friends and co-workers has been a tremendous help! I passed on so much advice and she took it all. Thank you again!!!

Comments (19)