SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_533505791

Cooktop or sink on island? Wld love to hear from those who've had both

oakrunfarm
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are in the middle of a new build, and I am undecided on whether I want my island to have my cooktop (induction) or a large sink on it.

In our current house, the cooktop is on the island with a Bosch downdraft, and I like that pretty well, but I cook pasta more than anything else, and I've always coveted those wall-mounted pot fillers. I'm always afraid I am going to drop a heavy pot on my silgranite sink or my granite counter or the glass of the induction cooktop when I am moving it from my sink to the cooktop.

We put the cooktop on the island because there is a window in front of the sink, so it just made sense. This time, there won't be a window on that wall, so I am free to choose. (The layout is below.)

The Bosch downdraft is VERY loud and now is having a bit of trouble with the motor that raises it, and I have to turn it pretty much all the way on high for it to pull the steam from the side of the cooking items.

I would love to hear from people who have had both and which they prefer and why.

Thanks!

Comments (46)